Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behavior.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 13 publishers and was only published because the 14th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We've invented an immersive reading app that is released episodically and includes various immersive elements including chat fiction, prose, sound effects, visual effects, vibrations, polls, community involvement & more.
We are currently seeking a dedicated Fiction Copyeditor to join the team!
This position is full-time at our head office in Berlin.
- Eat, sleep & breathe books!
- Native English
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Superior attention to detail and expert-level command of written communication
- Thorough familiarity with professional standards in proofing and editing fiction novels
- Experience marking up Word docs with tracked changes and/or editing in Google docs
- Experience with using Chicago Manual of Style or another style guide
- Agility to proofread/edit in a variety of genres & formats
- Read & edit manuscripts from multiple genres of fiction
- Make sure that the text is free of any grammatical or spelling errors
- Provide critical notes on style & tone when necessary
- Prioritize, manage, and efficiently complete projects to meet shifting needs and deadlines
Are you ready to shake up the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? If so, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.