Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishers and was only published because the 13th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
To help us achieve this mission, we've launched an immersive reading app that is released episodically and includes various immersive elements including chat fiction, prose, SFX, VFX, polls, community involvement & more.
We’re seeking an assistant who will work and report directly to the Galatea - Immersive Stories CEO and enable her to be a more effective and productive leader.
The ideal applicant will be a highly motivated and organized entertainment fanatic (I’m talking TV, movies, books, gaming, apps, social communities) who can effectively multi-task while operating in an incredibly fast-paced, startup environment.
- Manage the administrative and organizational overhead to reduce the CEO’s everyday tasks and enable them to lead Galatea to the next level
- Provide daily reports on important KPIs.
- Help grow the Galatea team by managing the recruitment process incl. creating job posts and managing incoming applications.
- Responsible for managing our bestselling authors and ensuring author happiness!
- Complete various research tasks and provide detailed reports with next steps to the executive.
- Track the progress of various projects in documents and spreadsheets.
- 2+ years of professional work experience (ideally in a startup environment).
- A low-ego attitude; ready and excited to conquer any task!
- Technically savvy and highly organized with proven capabilities regarding email, calendar, and spreadsheet creation/management.
- Excel is your second language, and you have a passion for making data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communicator, with professional written and verbal communication skills across all levels ranging from CEOs to 15-year-old first-time authors.
- Scrappy + resourceful; a self-starter who can deliver on a deadline, follow specific guidelines, multi-task and thrive under pressure.