Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishers and was only published because the 13th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a dedicated Readers Community Manager to be the middleman between our writers and the public. Every week you will pick five promising books and run (free) campaigns for them. This can mean getting in touch with journalists and review bloggers, setting up facebook groups, posting on forums and engaging with any other channels and break-through ideas you come up with.
- A native English speaker with lateral thinking skills and a growth mindset
- An enthusiastic reader
- Excited about discovering future bestsellers
- Experienced in building Social Media Communities and Fanbases
- Eager to lead a team of motivated marketers
- Mission driven and dedicated (we work Mon-Sun)
Startup experience is a clear plus
We are offering:
- Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership
- An inspirational startup environment in our office in the heart of Berlin
- A dedicated international team
- A unique opportunity to take responsibility and implement your ideas in a fast growing, dynamic company
- A flat hierarchy with goal-oriented collaboration throughout all levels and teams
Do you want to build the world's biggest and most objective data-driven publishing house with us?
Please send us an application with your updated Resume, Cover Letter, and preferred start date at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.