Do you want to shape the future of publishing? We are revolutionizing the way books are read and sold, and changing the way the publishing industry approaches up-and-coming novels. Help us to grow globally by spreading the word of Inkitt authors throughout the world!
Who are we:
Inkitt is the data-driven book publishing house of tomorrow! By linking authors and readers on our platform, we give everyone the fair chance to upload their work and join an incomparable community. Under the hood, our algorithm analyzes user reading behaviors in order to predict future bestseller.
By taking the role of our new Head of Communications / PR, you will concentrate your skills on media relations, public affairs, and startup PR. You will be responsible for building the new breathtaking global PR strategy and take the company brand to the next level. The ideal candidate is an avid reader, has a creative mindset and excellent communication as well as project management skills.
- Working with the team to drive forward the brand strategy and build upon your network of journalist/media connections
- Creating and publishing stories to pitch to the media securing a constant flow of stand-out media connections
- Oversee all media channels, and ensure the team is kept up to date on important business communications
- Develop targeted pitches and campaigns to secure consistent opportunities across variety of media outlets
- Raising awareness and understanding; news generation; third party endorsement; partnerships/investor/analyst relations; public affairs and social media, and events
- Take the brand to the next level and build an exceptional business appearance alongside with a totally new and breathtaking global PR strategy
- Setting up global PR analysis
- Actively contribute written content for communication purposes, e.g. press releases, lifestyle content, press kit, presentations, surveys etc.
You are / have:
- a creative mind, always on the strive to find the new big story to tell and new ways to spread the company’s success
- a native English speaker
- credible and demonstrable experience of delivering high-value PR campaigns
- an existing 'black book‘ of media contacts
- Extremely hands’ on, enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to do what it takes to help a young and rapidly growing business
- an avid reader who is keen to spread the world of unknown world-class indie-authors across the globe
- Mission driven and dedicated (we work Mon-Sun)
We are offering:
- Hands-on experience in a high growth startup
- An inspirational fast-paced environment in our office in the heart of Berlin
- A unique opportunity to take on responsibility and implement your own ideas with the freedom of creativity
- A dedicated team
- An experience-based, competitive salary
Do you want to build the world's biggest and most objective data-driven publishing house with us?
Please send us an application with your updated Resume, Cover Letter, and preferred start date to email@example.com to get in touch.