Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishers and was only published because the 13th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a dedicated Junior Music Supervisor to join the team!
- Preferably have experience in the music and/or film industry
- Are passionate about music, film-music and stories
- Possess a creative ear for combining music and visual media
- Understand music licensing and negotiation
- Have excellent organizational, time management and creative problem-solving skills
- Are enthusiastic about working in a startup environment
- Are a self-motivated overachiever and crazy about your own self-development
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written - excellent teamwork skills
- Provide a strong creative vision and direction for our stories’ musical background
- Implement sound and auditory features to create an immersive environment
- Collaborate with the production team to find the most appropriate sound for our book
- Select and customize the atmosphere of a book through soundtrack selections
Do you want to create an innovative and industry-redefining reading experience with us? If so, send your application with an updated Resume, Cover Letter, and preferred start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.