At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
To help us achieve this mission, we are looking for a passionate, experienced and open-minded Office Manager to join our adventure! You will organize and coordinate day-to-day activities in our office to ensure fun and engagement in an effective, efficient and safe environment. You work independently, taking ownership of the office space and you are exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a growing startup team.
- Be the friendly face welcoming our guests, as well as new joiners to our office.
- Manage and maintain all office needs such as supplies, hardware, equipment and the relationship with suppliers, cleaning staff, janitor etc and ensure all items are invoiced, filed and paid on time.
- Plan, organize and manage team events, lunches, and parties.
- Support the team with organizational tasks and travel arrangements.
- Support the People & Operations in a variety of areas from employee relocations, onboarding and offboarding, as well as with additional administrative tasks as needed
- Help our international team-members to find their way through everyday life in Berlin by answering general questions they may have.
- Ensure mail and packages is managed and delivered in an organized fashion.
- Support in managing our move and settlement into a new office.
- Drive office projects including upkeep and coming up with new and creative ideas for office adjustments and improvements
- 2+ years proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Experience in working in a tech startup and are not new to agile and fast-paced environments
- You have a hands-on mentality, work in a proactive, structured and solution-oriented way
- Great at multitasking and prioritizing projects and tasks
- Solid working knowledge with Google for Business (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Form), Slack, etc.
- Great social intelligence, interpersonal skills, and empathy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and good German
- Positive, outgoing and a strong team player. No job is too big or small and you enjoy taking on and learning new things.