Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 12 publishers and was only published because the 13th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake up the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a dedicated Sound Designer to join the team!
- Have a degree in Audio Engineering, Production, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Have excellent creative and musical skills
- Understand how music and sound effects can affect reading experiences and create drama
- Have audio editing experience
- Mix and design sound effects and music for assets
- Possess knowledge of the music creation and acquisition business, including music copyright and licensing
- Have effective oral and written communication skill
- Excellent organizational, time management and creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic about working in a startup environment
- Are a self-motivated overachiever and crazy about your own self-development
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Provide a strong creative vision and direction for our stories’ audio
- Collaborate with writers and designers to create beautiful musical background effects
- Implement sound and auditory features to create an immersive environment
- Work with engineers and other team members to architect and scope feature details
Do you want to create an innovative and industry-redefining reading experience with us? If so, send your application with an updated Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.