Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behavior.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 13 publishers and was only published because the 14th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal. 9 months ago we launched Galatea - an immersive reading app that is released episodically and includes various immersive elements including chat fiction, prose, sound effects, visual effects, vibrations, polls, community involvement & more.
We are currently seeking a dedicated Translator to adapt our most successful stories from English to German. This should not be a word-for-word translation, but rather a re-write that mimics the same tone and evokes the same emotion as the original version..
- Are a Native German speaker with Fluent English
- Have translated or transcribed romance fiction
- Have an expert-level command of written communication
- Are meticulous in your work and paying attention to small details
- Have a keen sense of empathy for the entertainment audience and can cater your empathy depending on the demographics of that audience
- Read English romance novels and translate them to German
- Recreate tone, style, and emotional impact from one language to another
- Understand the core demographic of each story, and translate in a way that will connect with our readers
- Prioritize, manage, and efficiently complete projects to meet shifting needs and deadlines
Are you ready to shake up the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? If so, send your application with an updated Resume, and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com.