Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behavior. Those bestselling stories are adapted to the GALATEA experience!
GALATEA is an immersive reading app containing series on an episode-basis which feature various immersive elements including SFX, VFX, chat fiction, vibrations and even community involvement.
You can check out GALATEA on iOS here.
Or on Android here.
As of now, GALATEA features mostly sound effects and music within its stories, with only our best stories featuring some visual effects. We’re looking to take the next step and bring more VFX to the app, and in doing so seal GALATEA's fate as a 100% fully immersive reading app.
As a result, we are looking to hire a VFX Designer/Artist. This will be on a freelance basis at first, but if the visual effects perform well on our app, we will discuss moving forward with creating VFXs for ALL of our stories. There will be an opportunity to continue working on an employment-basis, remotely or in-house at our Berlin office.
We favor those who wish to join us in Berlin, but we are still flexible: We grant our creative team members the freedom and flexibility they need to make the very best out of their creative work!
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a degree in Visual Effects, Animation, Motion Design or Visual Production, or at least 1 year of work experience in VFX or a closely related field.
- Have a basic understanding of UX: Above all, we need to create VFX that will not disturb our users’ reading experience.
- Be a fan of entertainment tools, channels or apps: Books, TV shows, movies, streaming apps (Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime…), video games, Virtual Reality, social media, etc.
- Have the ability to build effects across a wide range of art styles.
- Possess expert knowledge of one or more 3D software (3DSMax, Maya, etc.)
- We are always changing, improving, and growing, so the ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about working in a dynamic startup environment that is growing at an exponential rate.
- Fluent in English, our company language, both verbal and written.
***Note: We are currently using WEBP animations as our output VFX format, but will soon support video files too.
Does the idea of shaping the reading experience of the future appeal to you? Does it excite you to put your VFX to the test? If so, send your application including your portfolio and relevant work samples to email@example.com. Feel free to share any links that may be of help, such as LinkedIn; the more the merrier!
Looking forward to hearing from you!