About the contest
NanoWrimo 2020 Contest
November is NanoWrimo month! Let’s go! ✨
We're proud to support authors taking on the NanoWrimo challenge this month. Are you aiming to complete a 50,000 word novel throughout November? We’ve created this contest just for you!
Open to submissions of all genres and celebrating WIPs, this contest is for November’s turbo writers! We encourage you to submit your novel chapter by chapter throughout the contest so that you can get feedback while you work!
Learn more about Nanowrimo here
The winners of this contest will receive a special Inkitt writers package designed to elevate your story to the next level! Including:
- A $500 cash prize!
- Proofreading of your novel by an industry specialist
- One-on-one writing coaching worth $500 📝
- Professional self marketing advice to help you advance in your career 🚀
A Writersblog Author Spotlight💡
- An Inkitt exclusive book badge
- Inkitt NanoWrimo badge for your profile
Not only that, but contest winners will see their work featured on “NanoWrimo”
reading list in front of our 3 million active readers to see!
How it Works
- Create an Inkitt account
- Make a start on a new story
- Enter the contest by clicking Submit Your Novel
- Reach the NanoWrimo word count of 50,000 words before 30th November
- We then analyze the reader engagement on the books that reach 50,000 words to determine a winner
- Winners will be chosen and announced on this page up to 3 months after the contest closes.
All genres except fanfiction and poetry will be accepted to this contest.
The deadline to enter is November 30th, 2020
Your book must be an original work, written in English and a
minimum of 50,000 words
to be considered for a winning place. Both ongoing and completed works can be considered as a winners.
Winners are determined by overall reader engagement as judged by Inkitt and not based on ‘likes’ alone.
What you win
You can WIN up to $850 in cash prizes, an Inkitt writing package to grow your readership, exclusive NanoWrimo badges, self-marketing advice and professional one-on-one writing coaching worth $500!
$500 cash prize, a winner’s badge for your book, proof reading of your story by an industry professional, one on one writing coaching worth $500, a feature on
reading list, an exclusive Inkitt Writersblog
Author Spotlight and
self-marketing advice by Inkitt’s in-house team!
$250, an exclusive 2nd place book badge and a feature on
$100, and an exclusive 3rd place book badge a feature on
Judged by our algorithm, the author with the most reader engagement will be chosen as the winner at the end of the contest.
So, make sure to get plenty of readers, likes, comments and shares on your book, as this increases your chances of winning!