Korea: The Dark Days

All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen: the end of the war

As the war was obviously winding down, the Russians and Private Chinese army quickly took control of the Yalu, and started to come down the country towards Pyongyang. We were running out of time, our army feared the Russians and Chinese.

Operation Sunfall, which was Kim Jong-Un’s final invasion plan, was to retake Seoul, but was never able to go down as our demise was about to happen. We were running out of time, and soldiers, it was April, and we knew the UN and the Russians/Chinese were gaining ground.

Finally, we evacuated the mountain capital and headed back towards Pyongyang. We knew the battlefield was getting closer to the mountain, and we wanted to get away and not be separated this time.

We arrived in the city as another bombing had happened in the square, and the city was unrecognizable but people were still there.

We had remembered there was a secret bunker under a stadium in the heart of Pyongyang, and so Kim ordered the final government location was to be in there.

After a few hours of setting up the bunker, we had formed the final location of the Kim regime, and finally we had received a final briefing from the UN front.

“The United Nations are leading the advance via the South and the Russians and Chinese armies are gaining ground, and fast. There’s nothing we can do invasion wise. The best we can do is defend Pyongyang to the last man.” Kim said on April 2nd, after he got the briefing from the front about 6 Kilometers from the city’s doorstep.

The Army had been reduced to at least 1.2 million men, and they had to defend four directions, and since we were on the brink of losing, men started to fall back towards Pyongyang. Since it was within 25 kilometers between all the forces and Pyongyang, we declared that Pyongyang was going to be defended to the last man, and that anyone who could not fight would be evacuated to UN lines.

Anyone who could fight and was not, they were to be forced into the city’s defense, and if they refused, they were to be executed by the force that was to stay behind lines.

The place was a hellhole already, with ⅖ of the buildings being destroyed by Allied airstrikes and shellings, and people were already frustrated with the fact they were being starved, and riots were occurring, as if the war was not enough.

We did get them under control, and we settled them down, as we planned to send all the citizens down to the United Nations’ lines.

As we waited for a statement from Kim, I walked around the bunker and went outside to watch the city’s defense being built. I also got word that the island which the stadium was on, there was going to be three bridges that were going to be destroyed and the bridge facing the Southwest was going to be kept, as a one way entry point to the city.

“The United States has determined they will take our capital. So the goal here is to inflict as much damage and hold them off.” said a general, who knew that the end of the war was ending soon, and it was going to result in our country losing the war, and possibly the whole regime.

On April 10th, we heard the East coast around Pyongyang was completely under the Americans control, and they were closing in. They were also dropping anti-Pyongyang banners into the city, which we were shooting at the planes dropping them, but to no avail. As the 4 American Armies got closer, the city got ready, and unrested. People were frustrated and I was not having it, with soldiers coming up to me and complaining.

Finally, I had enough, and I took it out on a regiment.

“Okay, look. We are stuck here. There is nothing else we can do, if you are going to complain and complain about this, then I want you to stand behind a gun and get killed. I have had enough with the complaining. There will be no more. If any of you want to complain, keep it to yourself!” I yelled, and the regiment’s soldiers shut up and walked off.

Over the days, we were arming anyone who could fight with basic guns, enough to kill a opposing soldier. I didn't mind using my ariska, but people were upset when we didn't give them a automatic.

Finally, I had enough with someone complaining about a gun and I snapped.

“Hu, I don't like this gun. Are you sure that you cant give me a different one?” He asked. I was about fed up, so I decided it was time to execute him.

“Hand me the gun, kid.” I yelled, and he bugged up, but handed it to me.

“How old are you?” I said.

“Twenty Three.” He said, and looked down.

“You are old enough to figure out that this is what you have got. You cant complain!” I said. He didn't respond.

“Do you know what happens when you complain now?” I said, and looked at him. People were also looking. “People die. And I have had enough.” I then pulled the weapon up and aimed at him, and shot.

The man fell, and I ordered the two men standing there to collect his body, and throw it in the river.

People looked at me, and I looked back.

“This is what happens when you complain, that's the rule now.” I said, and then lowered my gun.

“I know you guys are afraid, and I know its frustrating. But if you have a problem with it, keep it to yourselves.” I said, and gave looks. The crowd of soldiers, which I believe was up to 80, they stayed quiet.

The days were hell, as we set up defenses and defenders, and I was in charge of holding the zoo up in the eastern part of the city. I had low expectations, as these soldiers were not even prepared to fight as they were just little kids, or inexperienced to fight.

As the Americans got close, the armies I was in charge of, we prepared to defend the city at all costs, and they prepared the streets with obstacles and mines. Jong gave the order to have anyone who wasn't capable of fighting to evacuate, and with orders of engagement, we were sending them to the American lines, and they were hopefully not going to kill them.

On April 19th, the United States finally was within range of the zoo on the eastern side of the city, and we could see their forces starting to arrive close to it. Overall, had over 830,000 for this battle.

The rest of all the soldiers we had were to defend the city from the North, so we couldn't be attacked by the Russians. We lacked heavy weapons, tanks as we had been forced to defend the north from Russian and Chinese forces, and we sent them all to there. We had nothing but ourselves to defend this city, which I hoped was going to be the best we could do.

On the night of April 20th, we watched as the American armies readied their forces and we watched them bring tanks, artillery, and other equipment behind them and prepared to invade.

Kim Jong-Un had ordered a battle to the final man, and I knew this would be a while lasting battle, up to two weeks. But the thing was, we were screwed after this battle, because the war would be over, and it would all be over.

That night, we watched the Americans about 100 meters away from our force, and I watched them moving around. They knew we were there to defend, they knew we had lack of defensive equipment, lack of anti-tank, but they didn't know what we didn't lack, heart.

About midnight, we started to prepare the troops for the engagement, likewise the Americans were too. I had set myself up behind a sandbag with two others, and we had our guns behind. I then started talking to my fellow men who were stuck defending this area.

“Jong.” One said, and I looked at him.

“I don't think this will last. I honestly don't think so.” He said, and I nodded.

“Well, the goal is to make it last long as possible.” I said, and put my hand on his shoulder.

“You follow my lead, and you will make it to the end of the battle, I promise.” I said, and he thanked me. The rest of the night, we sat there, waiting. We were watching the Americans as well, who were ready to cross and fight.

About dusk, the Americans launched a soft artillery barrage into our city, and about 7:00 A.M., the forces began advancing towards our city. I was defending the North eastern side of the city, and I saw forces upon forces coming, and I looked directly ahead. The ones we had stared at all night were not coming yet.

I looked at my men, and decided to give a final minute motivational speech.

“The American army will be tough to defeat and hold off, so fight with all your might, and do the best you can. Remember, it’s for our nation.” I said, as we watched the Americans starting to advance from the highway with tanks, and the ever frightening soldiers.

The rain also started coming in too, making it harder to see.

“We need to keep this line intact for as long as possible. The Americans will send as many men and we need to kill as many men before falling back! Fight to the last man remember that!”

American forces got closer and the rain was getting harder.
“Keep your heads up! Open fire!” I yelled.

My lines opened fire into the American forces. The gunshots rang out through the air as the rain fell on us. There was several men in the rows falling down from our bullets. I then reloaded and fired again.

“Hold the line!!” I yelled. The Americans were getting closer and they were not fearless. “Hold it!!” I shouted. The men jumped over the sandbags and lines and started pushing my men back.

Tanks were following them and I watched from the corner of my eye as a set of men with anti-tank rockets fired off at the tanks. Two tanks of the ten were blown apart, and the rest were able to survive the shots.

Finally, the soldiers started getting towards my line, and I was managing to keep up with the advancements, but the problem was, they kept coming. Out of nowhere, a man jumped over my sandbag, and knocked me down.

I then stabbed the soldier and I was pinned in the mud as he fell on me. I saw other men being pushed down and all that.

I grabbed a grenade from my belt and pulled the pin, as I figured I would distract them. I threw it about a few meters away to distract soldiers from me, and got up. The explosion killed about 5 or 6 Americans and I yelled “Get a line formed!” as we were struggling to get back in some sort of formation.

I backed up to a smaller area and it was muddy, and men were falling back. I reloaded and yelled ‘Over here! Formation!” and some men got to me, others kept falling back. The Americans were starting to do a second jump over the airbags.

“Open fire.” I yelled. Of the 150 men before they jumped over our defense, there was 47 men left, there was more but they fell back. We saw the next wave, and opened fire. They kept coming though.

I was able to kill over 20 before I decided enough was enough. We were getting pushed back, and I pulled the plug on defending the area, and I decided to fall into the little forest area.

“Fall back!” I yelled to my men. The forest behind us was filled with traps, but luckily we all knew where they were.

“Hide in the trees. We need them to be killed!” I shouted, and we ran into the trees, and hid. The Americans I could see coming.

“Go through those trees, and kill them all!” the man shouted in English. Since it was raining, they could not see us that well, and so they were easily susceptible to our traps.

One of the traps was under a bunch of leaves, and it was a fire bomb which had the range of 1 meter. It would give a short little blast and kill anything around it. I watched as a squad was running and they stepped on it. The bomb went off and killed about 7 people. They were caught by the flames and died within seconds, and others were able to avoid the fire, but the damage with that trap was done.

Another trap was a trap that was blades that if you stepped in it, your foot would be torn apart and hard to get out. Two men fell into that, and got their feet destroyed. “Fall back!” I yelled, as we were not going to fight in the foresty area.

The airport up ahead in the Northeast was also falling to the Americans, according to sources. I was then called to the island again, and my soldiers were given to another group. I was picked up by a truck full of men, and they drove us to the square.

The square of the city was rubble, and Kim Jong-Un had no other choices but to use the bunker under the stadium, formerly known as ‘Rungrado May-Day’ stadium. The bunker had 3 floors under the stadium, and it was very intense.

I walked into the bunker, and it was a bustle, with men running about to desks and radios, and relaying information and sending information down to the leaders. I was able to reach the office, and came into a conversation between him and another set of generals.

“We have no other ways of escaping the Americans, how many times do we need to tell you that it is not going to work? No matter how well you have planned. They outmatch us 44:1 here!” yelled a general.

“We can do it! IT is possible! You just don’t know how simple it is to do?” Kim barked, he was on a desk that had a ton of papers on it, and maps to figure out the fight.

“What if we were to evacuate 40k troops out of the sewage systems to the North of the city, to possibly hold on and submit a armistice?” he said.

“NO sir, nothing will work! We cannot escape!” the general shouted.

I was standing there, and silently nervous. Kim was enraged with anger, his top generals and advisors were not agreeing to his terms and he couldn't get a grasp his army was done.

“Hu-Ku. Gimme your gun.”

“Whys that, supreme leader?” I asked.

“Well, I want to kill these guys!” he yelled. “Maybe you too, because of your dumbass question!”

I nodded, and gulped.

I handed him the gun, my Ariska which had over 4,170 kills with me in the war. 3 bullets in the chamber. 5 of us in the room, excluding Kim.

“I am sorry but you three have met your demise.” and he pulled up the gun. He shot the man on my right, and the man by him, and the general by me.

“Hu-Ku, Saemon, you are free to continue fighting. If you have any reasonable suggestions to defensive plans, please let me know.”

He handed me my gun. It now had 4173 confirmed kills in this war. It was now night time, with gunfire in the distance as forces were fighting in multiple directions. Me and two other men, who were soldiers, we had orders to fight, but we decided to sit on a concrete building and drink a few drinks of wine we had.

“This war has honestly gone to shit. We have over 650,000 men fighting to the death in a city that once used to be a great capital. Its now a bunch of rubble thats a battleground.” Reason said.

I nodded, and took a sip, but then answered.
“Agreed. But we are fighting to have a moral victory for the Supreme Leader. He is going cookoo though.” I laughed and took a sip.

We spent til 12:30 drinking.

April 22nd, we were pulled from the lines again by two teenage soldiers.

“Kim Jong-Un has ordered you to lead the execution squad, he also wanted me to give you this note.”
I opened the note.

“Jong, you have done well in this battle. I'm sorry for my actions two days ago, but it had to be done. You will be known as the greatest general. For now, I want you to stay within non fighting zones, and execute any stragglers who have clearly abandoned the hope of the regime and make sure that if they do not want to fight, they die. No excuses.”

So I was told to meet about 100 men. We were in downtown Pyongyang around the river, with the bridge being our only link to the center of the city, and we were given the patrol of the center. It was the only silent place of the city at this point.

We roamed the street, looking for men who were not doing anything and they were to be killed on the spot. Finally, about 12:45am on April 23rd, we spotted our first straggler.

“Hey you!” I shouted across the street. “You should be fighting. Why are you not up there?” I yelled.

“We are losing, it is pointless. Leave me alone!” he said. He threw down his pack and gun, and started walking away.

“Hey! I did not give you permission to walk away. But I do give my men permission to execute you!” I said.

My men fired 3 shots. All hit and killed him. Throughout the night, we roamed and noticed that men were starting to be shifted into the center of the city for the final battle that would take place.

About 9:30 am the same morning, I was called into the bunker.

“We are running out of options. We have about 4 days left, we don't know how long we can hold out.” a general said, who was in charge of the Southern sector, which was now at Tongi street.

“We have 2500 men defending a goddamn station. A station!” another general said. These generals were not even a few weeks experienced within their ranks.

Finally, we all sat down after expressing our concerns.

“We are a team. You guys are the workers. I am the headmaster. I understand it is frustrating--” the bunker rocked as an artillery shell hit nearby.

“Anyways, it is frustrating, and I understand that. We are what is left, and I appreciate it. I want you guys to keep your guys fighting, and make sure that we do not die without a meaning for each death until you guys reach this bunker as the last men.”

He dismissed us from the bunker, and we had a new mission. I was given 200 men and we were to attempt to hold off a small sector which was a impromptu explosive factory. The Supreme leader wanted 40 more launchers to be made, which would take a few hours.

I lead my men to the factory near Hyoksin district, and we formed a small perimeter, and the factory was behind us. We could see some fighting about 200 meters ahead of us, but we were not going to intervene.

Finally, after 6 hours of standing around, the final launcher, which was obviously cheaply made and had no uniqueness to it was done. The factory was unable to produce anymore, and we gave them the go-ahead to head back. But we thought we would encounter fighting, but guess not.

April 27th, we were now in the final 5 days of the war. The regime was limited to about the center of the city, and about 15 blocks before the river and bridge into the center of the city.

We had at least 195,000 men left. I had ordered every house and building to be ready for a battle, and to be able to hang on for a solid 15 minutes each. I watched from a street as the enemy was fighting from house to house, and it was a mess each time. I saw that they carried at least 10-25 men each house and 20-45 a building out on stretchers after capturing it, which was our goal to inflict as much damage as possible.

On April 29th, we were running out of options and we were down to 7 blocks of resistance before the bridge. The bridge was hyped to be a heavily defended bridge, and we even had orders if we needed it, we can collapse it to hang on even longer. In the center of the city, we had 25 artillery pieces left, 15 mortars and 5 long range shells and 5 short range pieces.

“We need this bridge to be the bridge to hell.” I told several men who were representing their squads. “If you want to believe a victory can come from this, you make sure your men give the Americans complete hell crossing the bridge.”

As we watched as more and more smoke came up from streets the next day, we prepared the bridge. Barbed wire, obstacles, and traps were set up everywhere. We had unique traps that were meant to kill off 4-10 men a use.

Finally, on April 31st, we lost the final building that was defending the bridge, and we saw rows upon rows of American soldiers ready for a bridge crossing. I had complete control in what to do, and I ordered that if we start losing the bridge fast, we blow it up. We get off the bridge and blow it up.

So the men started to come up, tanks first to take damage and provide cover. I knew we had men with launchers, so i ordered them to open fire from my row.

The 8 men who did fire, they destroyed 6 tanks, and demolished them completely. The Rangwoon launchers were cheap but they did work. The men of the other side started to follow the tanks direction, but they were fearless. I had my ariska aiming at them, and I was taking out man after man, and they kept coming up. The Americans were starting to make progress across the bridge.

“We should evacuate, and blow this up.” a secondary commander told me, as the Americans got to a ⅓ point in the bridge. I nodded, and we started ordering the fall back.

Over 2500 men rushed to the other side, and we had done our jobs.

“Press the button!” I said, to the man with the detonator.

The button was pressed, and 5 explosions happened.

The bridge suddenly gave out a large groan, and fell to the water. We watched troops, tanks, and debris fall into the water, and at that moment we had sealed our fate for the rest of the war, the end was near.

I ordered the remaining 70,000 to fight to the very end or unless there is a surrender call. For the mean time, I went to the stadium where the artillery was. I ordered them to blow the artillery up, we had no fighting chance, and it would be done anyways.

On May 1st, we were finally met with the men crossing artificial bridges onto the island.

The fighting was fierce, and men were getting killed in hardened street to street combat. Each building was a fortress, but not enough to hang on to the end of the war. I watched as the sun started setting the destruction was getting closer to the bunker where Kim was still fighting with any general who opposed him, and was wanting to win a war that was virtually unwinnable.

I decided to go to the bunker, where I figured I would fight out the last few minutes of the war, where the battle seemed to be ending fast. 40 men stood around the bunker, a machine gun, and 3 snipers stood on top of the opening.

“We are not supposed to go this way. You guys have 33,000 men at your disposal. Use them and create a diversion. You guys can do it!” Kim was yelling at us remaining generals.

Finally, at 11:30 pm, we heard a explosion happen right to the bunker. The arguing stopped, and the door opened.

“Sir, the Americans are literally 300 meters away! It’s only a matter of time!” the soldier yelled.

“Do what you can!” Kim yelled. I was on the floor, with my arisaka with about 25 bullets remaining. Me and the other generals were prepared to take the fight in this room, the final room on the bottom to the last man. Finally, me and 2 of the others who survived the whole chaos, decided to go up the stairs.

“That man is crazy. We got to do something. He will drive this bunker to the ground if this is going to continue. We MUST do something about it!” and I nodded, and thought.

“The only thing we can do at this point, is just kill him.” one of the other guys said.

We all nodded.

“I'll do it.” i said, and put a single bullet in my chamber. I looked at the time, it was 11:42, and we were within eye shot of the enemy.

I walked down the steps and opened the door.

“Supreme leader.” I said, and he smiled.

“What is it, Hu-Ku?” he asked.

“They’re requesting that you surrender. They’re here.”

“NO way! They must fight us!” he said, and stood up.

I took that moment, and grabbed my gun. He went bugeye, but I aimed at him, and shot. It seemed like an eternity but the bullet hit him in his chest. He looked at me, stunned, and then he finally fell backwards. The desk had blood on it, and he landed behind the desk, on the ground, dead.

The other two generals walked down, and walked into the room, and were silent. They knew, and so they walked over to his body, and checked for a pulse.

“He’s dead. If not, he will be fast.” the man said.

Two other men came rushing down the steps into the room.

“What was that shot?” they asked in confusion.

“Put down the guns, men. We have no other way to end than a surrender. We are not going to fight anymore. Let this war be done.” and I put down my ariska.

The men put theirs down and walked over to us. They discovered the body of Kim jong-Un.

The eyes were still bugged, so I closed them, and grabbed the leader chip from his shirt.

“I am now the leader. Lets finish the war.” I said.

We put the leader chip on me, and walked up the stairs. The remaining 25 men in the bunker got the news, and laid their guns down as we walked through. The gunshots of battle was now within the front of our bunker.

“Everyone! Stop firing!” I yelled.

The machine gunner stopped, and the remaining sniper sat his gun down.
“Stop any fire! We’re done!” I then walked out into the open courtyard area with the rain coming down, it was humid, and the sounds of battle was now within the courtyard.

My uniform had a white flag in it, to be used only for emergencies.

I ripped off my uniform, and sat it on the muddy ground. The rain storm had started to come down now, and I saw the Americans within distance. I raised my hands and started walking towards them.

“I am leader. I declare a surrender of Unconditional!” I shouted in English. “Everyone lay your guns down!” I yelled at my men. The remaining men around the bunker stopped and sat their guns down. “Get the news out that we have surrendered.” I ordered one of my generals to run to the other line and declare the war is over.

3 Americans approached me. I lowered my hands and they pushed me to the ground, and started yelling bad things at me, and patted me down.

“I killed him! He dead!” I said, and one of the men kneeled by me, and looked at me, my face in the mud.

“I was taught basic English. But you may need some translation right?” I said.

They nodded. “Where is the location of Kim Jong-Un?” they asked, with a gun towards me.

“In bunker, dead.” The three men looked at eachother and nodded, and the last one lowered their gun.

“Did you kill him?!” they asked.

“Yes, there was no option.” I said, and started to look at the ground. By now, the rain was starting to make the ground seem like a river, and it was getting all over me.

“Bring us to him, or we will kill you.” The man named Markus said.

I nodded, and they pulled me up, and then forced me to escort them. We then walked into the bunker, and the men who were ready to defend the bunker about 20 minutes prior were sitting down with the guns on the floor.

“Those men going to kill you guys 20 minutes ago.” I looked at the time on my watch, and it was 0005 hours. I lead them down the impromptu stairs, and the next step of stairs. Finally, we opened the door to the office of hell.

“He there.” I said, and pointed behind the desk. The two other men walked to the desk, and saw I wasn't kidding.

“He’s dead.” the black one said.

“Get the man to our head. We need a armistice immediately.” Markus said, and both of them went to me.

“Follow us.” both of them said, and grabbed my arms with force.

We walked out of the bunker and to a tank. By now, the gunshots were over, and soldiers were gathering. “Someone get us to the HQ!” the not so black soldier said.

They had a armoured car, much more advanced than I’ve seen in the war come up, and take us across the city to the Airport.

I was greeted with a much modern camera, and a ton of flashes. We walked to the airport and we saw a tent outside of the airport with a couple men and a huge machine.

“This is the leader, he is responsible for the death of Kim Jong-Un. He surrendered to us at 11:57, and formally shown us Kim Jong-UN at 12:02. He is here to sign the armistice.” The other men seemed to be more of the Russian descent and Chinese.

I signed the paper carefully in my name, and the battle of Pyongyang was over formally at 12:27 am on May 2nd of 2028.

At dawn, I woke up and I could see the result of the battle. I saw smoke still fuming out of the buildings and I could see soldiers carrying bodies and guns from the battle site, I was handcuffed to a bed, and was lying by a window.

I then saw another man, and he was watching over me, and another was watching the door, incase there was any change.

“Where are my generals?” I asked. Some other dude turned around and said they were with the man from last night. I nodded, and stood up the best I could. I looked on the television they had set up, and it had the city in a flyover.

“Kim Jong-Un murdered in sake of North Korea, war is in standstill, waiting for official surrender.” the news lady said.

“Hello, Mr Hu-Ku!” said a voice. It was of the Chinese representative. He sat down with a cup of water and handed it to me. “So this war is over, huh?” and sipped his coffee.

“Yes, I believe so.” I replied in Korean.

“So what's your goal now, Mr leader?” And he laughed.

“Alright, not funny, sir. You lucky I can't beat you up right now.” and he quickly sat back down, with a silenced expression.

“That's what I thought.” I said.

“At least you didn’t have us Chinese soldiers invade this piss poor of a city. We would’ve burned it all to the ground.” and I took all the strength to not hit the man in the jaw, or try to.

Finally, the American general walked in with 3 other soldiers, he then whispered into the chinese man’s ear.

“Hu-Ku, if you are officially surrendering, the meeting is today at 10:30 am. You should probably sign the document.” the Chinese man said in my native tongue.

I was given a nice shirt and a nice set of bottoms, and brushed my teeth and got myself ready. The time was so long but finally 10:30 arrived, and we were in the main area. There was 6 cameras, and 10 people.

“The war is officially over, and you will agree to step down from leadership, and turn your position to the leader of the south. You will not be charged with war crimes, but you will be expected to be on the greatest behavior, nothing more, nothing less.” and they handed me the paper.

I read the whole thing, and grabbed the pen off the table.

The line for my signature, I saw what my name in English was, and wrote it like that. I then wrote mine in Korean by it. I sat down the pen, and there was clapping. The general shook my hand and we nodded.

The following days, I was finally allowed to leave the city with my two other former generals. We were set to meet with the South President to decide what to do. We arrived in the rebuilding Seoul, and we were lead to the president, who was in a small building that was set up.

“Hello, gentlemen. Fancy that you men were able to join us, and that you are willing to join back to your native country under our terms.” he said.

“Yes. I would like to note that it was KJU who was in charge those 3 years.” I said. We both laughed.

“You only had leadership for 20 minutes. It's good, brother. Now, what we have in store is, we can work as a team and rebuild this country. Nothing will happen to you, and nothing will ever be done to you. I will only offer those terms if you are willing to take command of our new army that is going to be built up.” he said.

“I understand, and I accept, but my two others must be allowed in the role.” I said.

He nodded, and wrote it down.

“You have a deal. Welcome to the Federation of Korea.” He said. However, a few days later, the United Nations would declare that there would be a trial, which lasted about 10 days, which was held in Beijing.

I would be tried, and found not guilty, as I had been brainwashed and forced to believe everything. The judge also made a point how I was also the one who chose to surrender, and how I took a risk of killing the supreme leader in sake of the remaining 7500 North Koreans.

About 3 weeks after the end of the war, I found out that Bo-A survived, and we were able to reconcile and we would eventually get married and live happy after the war.

Continue Reading Next Chapter

About Us

Inkitt is the world’s first reader-powered book publisher, offering an online community for talented authors and book lovers. Write captivating stories, read enchanting novels, and we’ll publish the books you love the most based on crowd wisdom.