After a while he pulled back, much to her dismay, and gazed at her, who was panting.
- I was foolish when I broke up with you. I... It wasn't that I didn't feel comfortable or if it was the right time or not, it was just... For once I felt like I had something really good in my life. Around you, I was happy like I hadn't been in years. And I was scared. Scared of loosing you! Scared that someone would take you away from me! Scared that... you would get hurt or even worse because of me! So, I pushed you away before that could happen. I pushed you away with fear that you would have the same fate as my family. - When he finished, he had his head low and Amaya was gazing tender and understandably at him. She cupped his face and made him look at her once again.
- Zero, it's okay to be scared of those things, but you don't have to push me away because of it. If something happens I would never, ever blame you for it! I know that if it depended on you, I wouldn't even get a scratch in my whole life. You have to realize that even if something happens to me it doesn't mean that it's your fault. I'm a Hunter, Zero, accidents happen in this business. - He nodded and kissed her forehead tenderly.
- I know that. And this little trip to the hunt made me realize something. - She smiled slightly and caressed his face.
- And what was that? - He grabbed one of her hands and kissed its palm.
- That I made a mistake. That I need you by my side and that I can't be away from you. I should've never broke up with you. - He kissed her tenderly. - Will you forgive me? And then become my girlfriend once again? - The raven haired girl smiled widely and kissed him lovingly.
- Of course I'll be your girlfriend again! And there's nothing to forgive. We're together again, and that's what matters. - The silver haired hunter smiled slightly.
- Thank you, Amaya. - He kissed her again. - Would you mind if I sleep here for a while? - She shook her head negatively.
- Of course I don't mind. Put yourself comfortable, just let me lock the door. If my dad sees this, he'll have an attack. - He gazed a little surprised at her while she went to lock the door.
- You won't go to classes? - She denied.
- No. I'm not in the mood. I want to be by your side. Do you mind? - He denied also.
- Of course not. - He took off his long coat and boots before laying on her bed. Soon after, she snuggled next to him and almost instantly, she fell asleep. Zero smiled at her peaceful face and just before he fell asleep he heard Kage's voice.
- Well done Hunter. Finally you've come to your senses. - Zero took a deep breath.
- Yeah... Now shut up and let me sleep Kage! - His vampire side chuckled before finally letting him drift to a content sleep.
After some hours, Zero awoke only to see Amaya watching him. The girl smiled at him, while he caressed her face tenderly. She closed her eyes and leaned to his touch, smiling even more.
- Hi, Zero. Did you sleep well? - He got closer to her and kissed her tenderly.
- I did, never slept better. - She smiled.
- I'm glad, you were very tired. - The male hunter brushed a strand of hair from her face.
- Yeah... The company really helped me relax. - She giggled and he touched her face. - By the way, you do know, that we still have some things to speak about, right? About our relationship. - The female nodded and rested her head on his chest.
- I know. Wanna talk now? - He passed a hand through his hair.
- We can. We have to, eventually, so... - She nodded.
- Okay, so... what do you want to talk about first? - He gazed directly at her eyes.
- Secrets. We can't have secrets between us, Amaya. If we do, they will keep us apart. - The girl gazed sadly at his chest.
- I understand Zero. But unfortunately, there are things that I can't tell you. At least, not right now. The Blood Contract forbids me. I'm sorry. - He sighed and touched her face.
- Just... promise me that as soon as you can, you tell me those secrets. - The female nodded.
- Of course, I promise. Most of the secrets are related to the Kuran family, though. - Zero nodded and she continued to speak. - By the way, it seems that from my mother's side, I'm Aido Hanabusa's cousin and therefore related to Kain and Ruka. Not that I'm happy about it. - Zero kissed her.
- I understand that you're not happy about it. But then again, there's nothing you can do to change it. - She nodded.
- I know. By the way, I told Kaname-kun about the dream I had and he explained to me that since that woman drank my mother's blood, she forged a blood connection with me and therefore, can enter my dreams. Even so, for that to happen, she has to be close. - The male hunter touched her face tenderly.
- I won't let her touch you. I promise. - Amaya smiled at him and kissed him.
- I know. So, what do you want to talk about next? - He began to twirl a strand of her hair around his finger.
- I think we should go slower this time. I wasn't kidding when I said that I want to know you better. I want to know what you like, what you don't like, you're favourite food, etc. - The girl nodded and kissed the tip of his nose.
- Okay. Fine by me. - He took a deep breath, before speaking again.
- Also, I want to be there everytime Ichijou-senpai trains you. - She giggled, noticing his jealousy.
- Of course. I'm sure he won't mind. - He raised his right eyebrow.
- Even if he did, I could care less! - She smiled and caressed his face.
- I know. You would probably be imagining some terrible and ridiculous scene if you don't come to see. I just know it. - Zero began massaging her scalp.
- It's Kage's fault. He's the one who puts images in my mind. - She raised her eyebrow.
- Oh, so that already happened? - He nodded.
- Yeah, when I went on the hunt. He showed me images of you in Ichijou-senpai's arms, in Kuran's... I don't want to think about it. - She touched his face and kissed him lightly.
- Then forget about it. Those aren't real. I would never cheat on you, you know that. - He nodded and kissed her again.
Me: "So, this is it for this chapter. Please be patient until the next one, as I explained earlier, it's being hard." *Smile* "Now, as a present for having written the 100th review, I let "scarsneverheal" choose something for Kage to do in this little section and she choose this!"
*Points at Kage who is dressed as a cook, with his arms crossed in front of his chest and pouting, in front of a stove*
Kage: "...&%#%..." *I smacked him on the head*
Me: "Kage, come on! Do it!"
Kage: *sigh* "Fine... Today I'm going to make peanutbutter cookies for "scarsneverheal". Hope she enjoys it! While you've been reading the chapter, I was baking the cookies and now they're in the oven being, you know, cooked..." *There's a bip and he turns to take the cookies out of the oven* "Here it is... the fucking cookies!"
*I pick up the tray and place the cookies on top of a table.*
Me: "Please enjoy the cookies!"
*Kage looks at me*
Kage: "Can I take these stupid clothes?!"
Me: *sigh* "Yes you can." *Smile widely at the readers* "See you later, everyone!"