Haros was among the top five padawans to pass the Final Challenge. A challenge that will select only one heir to the Knowledge of the Force. No one doubts the victory of the young Haros. But the problem is that he still does not fully understand what fate is preparing him for. What is it like to be the right hand of a Master of Force? And will the student be able to become stronger and smarter than the main representative of the defenders of the world? The honor and future of the Eternal Union are at stake. But it is not skill that makes a person a hero and a legend. The young man must become the personification of peace, power and harmony in the galaxy.
If you like my work, you can support me in the following ways:
1) Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/kapustin_nikita
All my paid subscribers will receive new chapters a few days ahead of the public release, depending on the plan they choose.
Thank you for your attention and enjoy reading!
The night Alderaan was shrouded in a storm. The downpour and wind had washed away all signs of heavy trade on the street outside, one of the many Jedi Temples, that have been erected almost all over the universe, in which the chosen padawans undergo their final training.
A young man with very short black hair is walking along an empty shopping street towards a small mountain ledge. The cloak hides his tall, thin figure, but anyone who passes by will immediately recognize him as one of the Jedi. His white trousers and long-sleeved shirt, trimmed with black patterns and reinforced with armor in the form of plates, leave no doubt that the young man belongs to the defenders of the world. He turned off the road and, passing through thick grass and thick trees, climbed a small ledge. He saw an unforgettable view: green mountains and dense forests mixed with high-rise buildings. Despite the gloomy weather, the scale of the visible territory is breathtaking. During the lightning flashes in the sky, you can see a rare passing transport.
The young man enjoys the view in silence as another hooded figure walks up to him at a measured pace.
- What’s bothering you, Haros? – A middle-aged man asked. Lightning lit him up. His brown eyes look out over the mountains, and his face, with its sharp features, expresses peace and contentment. His long hair, wet from the rain, only outlines his thin cheeks and narrow chin.
- Just... nothing serious. – The young man turned in the direction of the questioner. His green eyes seemed to be in another world. But when he saw the man standing in front of him, his pretty face instantly shone. The smile revived Haros. – I wanted to enjoy the scenery before going to bed, teacher.
- Hah, I’m not sure you’ll be able to sleep! I can feel your excitement before the Final Challenge. – The man smiled like a father and put his hand on the padawan’s shoulder – I am sure that the Master of the Force, Thun, will choose you as the heir to his knowledge.
- To be honest, I’m sure of that, too. I know it sounds selfish, but I have no doubt that I will become the chosen one of the Force. – The young man turned back to the cliff again.
- There’s no shame in that. I have always believed that confidence in success and your own abilities is an important trait for a Jedi.
- Still, I feel uneasy. I feel anxious.
- You are only 16 years old, it is natural for your age.
Haros was silent for a few seconds. Then he said – Yes, you’re right, as always. – The young man turned and bowed to the teacher, saying – If you’ll excuse me, I’ll go to my room.
- Of course, but try to get some sleep, although I doubt that this request is feasible. – The man laughed lightly.
Haros just smiled and disappeared into the darkness of the street.
His teacher continued to admire the scenery. Then an incoming call beeped on the holo-bracelet.
- Ori, I can’t find you. Where are you? – said the hologram in the form of the twi’lek girl.
- Sorry, Lyemi. I had to get some fresh air. I’ll be right there soon.
Ori turned off the holo-call. With a last glance at the view from the cliff, he also turned and disappeared into the darkness of the street.
In the distance, you can see a small Temple that illuminates a small area of the territory with its gentle light. A small figure appeared on the steps of the main entrance. Haros returns to his quarters.
* * *
In a spacious hall with high windows several stories high, the padawans stand in front of the Guardians of the Force. The guards are dressed in snow-white trousers and long-sleeved shirts, and a lot of fasteners made of light material give a strong look to the uniform. Their faces are hidden under pointed gold masks. Five Padawans are honored to pass the final test, which will determine only one chosen one who will continue training under the guidance of a Master of the Force, Thun.
Charos was called first. He walked over to the Main Guard, whose only distinguishing feature from the steel ones is the gold patterns on his uniform.
- Padawan Haros, you have the great honor of passing the Final Challenge. – After these words, the Guard raised the green lightsaber over the young man’s head. – Learn the secrets of the Force and make the Eternal Union a symbol of light and life. – The guard deactivated the sword and bowed, letting the young Padawan pass into the hall behind him.
Ori, like the other teachers, watches the initiation ceremony in a special foyer. This is the greatest privilege. Only five selected padawans are awarded this honor. The best of them will learn the greatest knowledge of the Force from the Thun himself. The other four will be Guardians. The best Jedi and defenders of the Eternal Union. The union that united hundreds of planets under it, creating an invincible coalition.
But Ori was worried. He understands that Haros is focused only on winning, as always. Become the chosen one of the Force. His padawan believes that becoming a Guardian means coming to terms with your weakness. And this worries the teacher. There are too many hopes and categorical conclusions.
* * *
- Huge white-and-gold ships began to take off from the Alderaan spaceport. The training time for the top five padawans has come to an end. The Jedi are returning home to the planet Minsou.