(idea by @brianzylla)
Write a fake rejection letter, short or long, about one of your own stories or a masterpiece by a well-known author/authoress. Send it to me (you’ll find my email address in the banner section of my profile), and I’ll include your rejection letter in this ‘anthology’ along with your Inkitt profile-link and username. In case your rejection letter gets a comment, I’ll tag you in the comment section, so you’ll always know when something is being written about your text. In addition, I will give feedback or comment on each rejection letter. In doing so, I hope you will get some ‘publicity’ for your profile and the stories you have written.
These are the following rules:
- Write a rejection letter on your own story or a well-known book, but NOT on someone else’s story here on Inkitt or any other writing app.
- You must pretend the letter has been written by an editor from the publishing house Shattered Dreams.
- The length of the letter is up to you. It can be three words or 4, 5, 6 pages long.
- Sarcasm is, of course, allowed, but make sure the context is clear.
- Send the letter to me together with a title of your choice - this will be the title of the chapter.
Now, the question is - why would I want to write a rejection letter?