Welcome Back to the Coalition Awards, 2022 Edition.
To those joining the awards for the first time, welcome and thank you for giving us a chance.
Coalition Community's goal is to recognize writers of exceptional talent with a two-member judging panel, and do what we can to put your stories in the spotlight.
We open up entries for about a month or two to allow our available genres to fill up, and if they do fill up within our specified timeline, awesome! If they don't, we amend our timeline and inform all participants of the changes.
The timeline chapter will be coming up next, stay tuned.
In certain cases, we merge genres into groups to move the awards along. If you're wondering how you can help with getting the categories filled, sharing announcements with links to the awards on your walls does. More people are made aware of it, and the slots fill in faster.
All genres already have permanent in-house judges, so there's no need to worry about whether your genre will be scrapped if we do not get more judges to sign up. We prefer a two judge panel to keep things fair and give stories two sets of perspectives in respect to our judging criteria, which is why we require second judges while awards are underway.
Any more information will be communicated with you as we move along.
Now, let’s dive right in!
- To begin with, kindly follow our account and add this book to your library to receive all updates about the awards.
- Participants are to follow our community moderators @word_smith, @jjiawei and @knottyknitter. They put a ton of work and effort into making sure these awards and community run smoothly.
- All books must adhere to Inkitt guidelines and must have at least 10 chapters to enter the awards. Judges need to review 10 chapters for both rounds.
- Disclaimer: Inkitt has no affiliation with this award.
- To enter the awards, you need to fill in an application form in the Form chapter once it goes live and be sure to enter your password. Tag one of the moderators for a faster response; this is completely optional and totally up to you. We respond to questions and submissions twice every week via the community account, however we’re always logged into our individual accounts.
- To make sure you actually read the rules, the password for your form is the first name of your favourite show + your favourite beverage.
- Judges can enter the awards as well, however, they cannot enter their books into the same genre they’re judging.
- You’re required to follow your genre judge(s) once they are announced.
- Do not attempt to bribe the judges; that is grounds for instant disqualification.
- If you do not find your main genre or if it is full, you can enter your story into its sub-genre.
- You can enter a maximum of two books into the awards, however they cannot be in the same genre.
- Winning books from the previous year cannot be entered into this year's awards—read on to learn about the Grand Masters Archive Awards.
- Leave all of your questions and inquires on this chapter, and a moderator will respond.
- Our awards have two rounds: the elimination round is the first round, and the second round is the final round. Both rounds are based on judging, in line with our rubrics, which will be shared soon. However, if a genre/category does not fill up to require an elimination round, all books will be judged for both rounds and winners will be selected from an accumulation of both rounds' scores.
- All participants and judges are required to be cordial, follow due process and respect one another.
- Winners of the Coalition Awards 2021, you are welcomed to enter your winning books into the Grand Masters Archive Awards on our website. Follow the link on our profile to find our website, or simply type coalitioncommunity.org into your web browser.
- For now, kindly spread the word about these awards in preparation for when entries open up.