Write a Review

Autumn's Love

All Rights Reserved ©

Summary

Hades never wanted a wife, nor a lover, Autumn just wanted to escape. When both of them meet... Can love arrive for death and autumn?

Status:
Complete
Chapters:
25
Rating:
4.8 34 reviews
Age Rating:
16+

Chapter 1

There was a slight earthquake in Hell. All Hell's inhabitants were running around, trying to find a hiding place. All were wondering what had happened and who had caused it.

It was caused by, no other than the god of the underworld himself - Hades.

'Gah! Why did I ever agree to their stupid request in the first place?! What a fool I am!' Hades stomped across his room, his underling/best friend (may it be added that he is also the god's only friend) stood calmly at the door. He was used to this, as there wasn't a time when the god wasn't grumpy and angry.

'My lord, you have agreed to it, so may I suggest that you calm down and think about what we should do to the lady that will come down to us?' The daemon said to the still stomping god. Then he cocked his head, as if to hear something properly. 'My lord, it seems that the goddess is at the other side of the river, and Charon is now bringing her to the palace.' He announced.

Hades groaned, halting his movement. 'What am I supposed to do with her?!'

'Like what the other gods said, marry her.' The daemon answered.

-Let's turn back the time, shall we? -


A day ago...

'My lord, they have arrived.' The daemon knocked on the door and said. He did not go in the room unless he was asked. It is, after all, the god's room. Not even he, as the god's closest servant may enter unless invited.

'Yes, Iapis. Tell them I'll be there soon.' The daemon heard his lord's voice behind the door. 'Yes, lord.' He said, bowed and quickly left to send the message.

Afterwards, Hades made his way to his throne room. He felt many godly presences in his realm, even though he only expected that there will be a few. He frowned, but still kept his pace to the room.

'Well, he finally comes.' A woman's sarcastic voice said as he opened the door and strode in. Hades eyed her, who was the nearest to him. It was Artemis, clothed with her hunting tunic. Her bow and arrows were with her, as usual. She looked very angry, and so were the some of the others. Her posture was very offensive with her hands on her hips. Hades decided to ignore her. 'What took you so long, God of the Underworld?'

'Lady Artemis.' Hades nodded, not planning to answer her question. He was one of the oldest gods, and he will not tolerate disrespect and rudeness, much less from a younger god than he. Instead, he went straight to the two gods standing together. 'Brother Zeus, brother Poseidon.' He greeted, ignoring the angry unladylike grumble from Artemis.

'Hades.' They answered. 'It has been a while since our last meeting. How are you, brother?' Poseidon asked, smiling. He wore a tunic with color matching his eyes. Among his brothers, Poseidon was the more gentle god, but he was still just as powerful and hateful when one offends him.

'I am well. May I ask the reason that you all are here?' Hades kept his tone of voice as calm as possible. Hedid not want any of this attention. He can do really well on his own, and quite so with the daemon Iapis, but not with his family of god and goddess. He doesn't bond well with them, as he is the God of Underworld. Nobody likes the Underworld.

Actually, now that he had taken a look around, he saw that except for Hera and Hephaestus, the other Twelve Olympians were here. Mentally, he groaned. What now?

'It appears that you are the only one of us that does not have a wife or a child.' Zeus started, raising an eyebrow questioningly. It was normal for the gods to have a few children (like him) and maybe even a handful of wives. But he has not heard about his dear brother with a companion. All he had was a daemon, which frankly doesn't count.

Now it was Hades' turn to raise his eyebrow. 'And, if I may ask, when have you been the god of marriage? What I plan for my future is not of your concern.' His face darkened. He waved them towards the main doors. 'I suggest you all get out of my realm before I lose my patience. Haven't I told you that I do not appreciate any visits, especially from all of you? Be gone before I force you to.' He turned and strode away.

'Why do you always shun people away?' Apollo suddenly asked. He was frowning - well, of course. Nobody likes being shooed out of someone's home - as he looked at his uncle. He didn't like the god in the first place, but he shouldn't just treat them like that! They are his family right? He learnt from the mortals that one should appreciate family.

Hades turned around abruptly. 'Shun people away?' He smiled humorlessly. 'Have you ever wondered who shun who away in the first place, child? If you don't, I suggest you ask them!' He gestured at Zeus and Poseidon angrily. He did not care if he had offended any of them. This is his realm and he can do whatever he wants!

Who was the first one to shun him out? He used to be one of theirs, before all these splitting of realm thing happened. Of course his brother chose the sky, he fancied himself the king, and how to lord it over them other than guarding the sky that covers almost all in the world. And of course Poseidon chose the next best thing – the sea. Mortals and immortals alike love the sea, and thus adore Poseidon. So what was left for him?

The Underworld, where creatures roam, where the dead spend the rest of their time here, where Tartarus is placed. And when Zeus decided to make up the Twelve Olympians, did he even thought about his brother at the Underworld? No, he didn't. Instead it was a few years later before Hades even knew about the Twelve Olympians. It was clear that they didn't want him any closer to them than he was now, so really, Hades was just fulfilling their wishes, and kept himself busy at his realm. It might once be dark and looming, but now with Hades as its lord, it was still dark, but only one with careful eyes could see its beauty.

'Brother, please...' Poseidon tried to calm Hades down while Zeus shot a warning look at Apollo. Apollo pouted but stayed quiet and looked away. He was already warned before by Hades' brothers, as with the rest of the group that had never meet Hades before, that he has a very short temper and that he liked to keep his distant. But as Apollo was still a young and feisty god, he forgot.

'Brother, Apollo didn't mean that. I apologize on behalf of him.' Zeus said gently to his brother. The others were shocked. Fancy the King of Gods, apologizing! Again, Zeus gave them a warning glance for them not to say anything. It could take a while before Hades went back to his good mood, and it doesn't help when the others keep making him angry. And he needed his brother to be in a good mood, or else this visit here had no purpose.

He knew he should have just come by himself.

Hades simply harrumphed. He gestured 'go on' and said with the suffering tone. 'Please, brother. Just say what you want to say then leave with the others. I'm not in a perfect mood to listen to all of you.' He stood rigidly, and waited.

'Yes, of course. The main reason we're here is just to persuade you to have a wife. I know that you have been alone here for centuries, and I just want you to have some company.' Seeing that Hades will not take any more nonsense, Zeus went straight to the point.

'... A wife.' Hades repeated coldly. 'You want me to have a wife?'

'Yes.'

'And who will that be, pray tell?' Hades' eyebrows were now twitching in anger. 'And for the sake of all creatures, why?'

'My daughter, Persephone.' Demeter took over the conversation. 'The goddess of Spring. I suppose that this realm of yours should use a little bit of spring in it.' Demeter said, eyeing his palace.

Hades was shocked. 'Your daughter? But I thought you are very protective...did they threaten you?' That reason was what he could only think to make the very protective Demeter to be parted with her beloved daughter. But even so...

He also noted how they had just ignored his question on why, but decided to deal with the main thing first.

'Bah! Talk about logic! Do you think that I can be threatened by others? For your information, I'm just lending my daughter for you. You will try to get used to a woman in your life, then I'll take my daughter home. And also, 'Demeter glared at the god. 'You shall not harm my daughter!'

'Lend? I'm afraid that I do not understand.' He glared at his brother. It must be of his doings. 'Explain.'

Zeus shrugged. 'Well, we didn't have much maiden and we can't simply send a nymph to you. I asked if Persephone is allowed and Demeter agreed so that's that.'

'And as usual, you didn't ask for my opinion.' Hades hissed. 'I have enough of you and your schemes! Get the fuck out of my realm!' He boomed and the ground shook.

Poseidon rolled his eyes. 'Oh brother! You know that Zeus had always been like this! Just accept this and you will escape from it sooner, don't you think?' He just doesn't know why he and Zeus were so positive and everything, their brother has to be a passive god. Sure, his attitude is important to manage the Underworld, but he doesn't have to be like that every time!

Demeter was angrier. 'Are you saying that my daughter is not suited for you?!' She yelled.

'Oh! Just calm down for once and listen!' Zeus groaned and shouted for attention. Usually this would work, but when they were in the Underworld, or the realm of Hades where there is no sky to be seen, the God of the Sky's power was cut by half. So, he was quite ignored.

Everything changed into a full grown argument. Every one was complaining about everything.

In the end, it was Hades who was the first to calm down. He turned to Zeus. 'So if I just accept this stupid offer you would let me be?' He asked.

'I swear by the river Styx that I will not bother you after this.' Zeus swore.

'...Alright then. I shall comply. Now get out of my sight!' Hades waved his hand, and the doors slammed open.

Zeus nodded to the others. 'She will be coming by the latest tomorrow. I hope you will have a nice warm welcome for her.' Zeus looked seriously at Hades. After all, Persephone is his daughter too.

Hades' face darkened, but he nodded anyway. 'Of course.'

With that, the other gods disappeared and finally Hades was left alone in peace.

Though it was not for long.

Further Recommendations

sallyveronicateri: I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I read it in just over a day. I loved the ending!

Melissa Borum: Everything is flowing nicely so far without being drug out to long

cackiesmith: Excellent story, couldn’t put it down!

Celestina: Wow..! Your work is amazing.. now a day reading good novel for free is very rare.. i can't find right adjective and words to describe how to give back the happiness i felt reading your work. A simple THANK YO! Is all i can say.. 🥰❤👏 looking forward for more of your work.. Good luck and God bles...

Vaillantayabella49: J'ai adoré les personnages et surtout celui de céleste qui a très fort caractère mais j'ai trop hâte de lire la suite avec les autres pernnageQ

Cristy: I've read almost all your books so far and I am loving each and every one of them plz don't ever stop writing I'm a fan for life!!

clara1066: Die Charaktere sind einzigartig, du hast gute humorvolle Stellen: „Hast du ein Schlaganfall? Oder warum sprichst du so seltsam?“ ( Kapitel 14 )Aber auch ernste Unterhaltungen, In all kommst du gut mit , verstehst alles, fieberst mitEin großes ‚Weiter so!‘

Allie: It's not really my usual genre, but I definitely could not put this down. So much so I didn't realise I'd missed my train stop, haha. Well-rounded characters and great plot. I'm sure the guy sitting opposite me thought I was a little strange, though, with all the very odd facial expressions I was...

More Recommendations

Army gurl: I love this novel soo much

Melva: Me encanta, no es primero que estoy leyendo, pero este tipo de trama yo lo amo❤

Saloni Acharya: The whole series is so good. It’s like you can’t keep it down without reading it the whole way and then start the next one. Time flies and you don’t realise it’s late night and you have to go to sleep 😂. The characters are awesome with strong plots and love every couple. 😍🥰

marilyn: It's awesome to hear about all these shifters finding their fated mates. I can't wait to hear more about them. I also want to hear about the cubs. And for Daryl to find his mate.

About Us

Inkitt is the world’s first reader-powered publisher, providing a platform to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. Write captivating stories, read enchanting novels, and we’ll publish the books our readers love most on our sister app, GALATEA and other formats.