Chapter 15: Who will be Alpha
It was 8:00 and every pack member but one was waiting for Alpha Keith and Alpha Cash to enter the training field. They were also all talking about what has happened to their beloved member Sara. Tammy sat in the front row watching as Alpha Keith and Alpha Cash walked onto the field with Alpha Camron. She held her phone in a tight grip. Praying for Sara to call. Alpha Camaron started the match with the same speech he made yesterday, however, today’s was different.
Alpha Camron said to everyone today is the final match. One of my nephews standing before you today will become your new Alpha. He said both of these men are good, trustworthy men. They both respect women. So the women of this pack will be protected and not used. They may set new rules in place regarding mates and will expect them to be followed. They both understand
1. A man treats women with respect. If you don’t respect women, you’re not a man. Period.
2. A man understands that greater happiness lies in helping others, not helping himself.
3. A man doesn’t stand still while the world passes him by, he continually pushes himself.
4. A man is a leader in at least one aspect of his life, whether this means his family, with his friends or just in general. But he can also follow. The world wouldn’t work if everyone was trying to lead in every aspect of life.
5. You can depend on a man. You can’t depend on a boy.
6. ”You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself." ~ Galileo Galilei
7. A man doesn’t need to be able to fight or to protect himself and his family physically. But it helps. He does, however, need to be willing to do whatever it takes to keep his family safe and happy.
8. A man lives for something; a purpose beyond his own personal gains. This can come with time, and with family. It doesn’t always happen right away.
9. ”Many of the greatest accomplishments of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working.”
A man gets depressed, he gets sad, he thinks about quitting and folding, but he never does. He pushes through adversity.
10. ”When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself." ~ Louis Nizer
A man has faults. It’s important to understand this.
11. A man can laugh at himself.
12. A man takes pride in how he looks and lives his life. He’s not ashamed by who he is, what he does or how he looks, even if he’s trying to change one of the aforementioned.
If you are, here’s a great resource to help you change that –>
13. ”Young men want to be faithful, and are not; old men want to be faithless, and cannot.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Men learn what is truly important over time. If they’re lucky, they’ll have a sense of it early on.
14. ”How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being." ~ Oscar Wilde
If a man finds someone special, he doesn’t treat her like she’s everyone else.
15. A man has fears, but he isn’t ruled by them.
16. A man learns from his mistakes. Although he might take a few cracks at it.
17. A man does what is necessary. Even if it’s the hardest decision or the most unpopular one.
18. A man can appreciate the greatness that is ‘The Gladiator’.
19. A man thrives on competition.
20. “For a man to achieve all that is expected of him, he must regard himself greater than he is.” ~ Johann Wolfgang
I just wish Chris had learned this before making the poor choices he did. Therefore I know that both of these men understand and are willing to be the best Alpha for this pack. Alpha Cameron looked at his nephews and said if you both are worthy of this title and I wish the both for you. Remember to keep a clean fight and no killing. One of you must submit or be knocked out for the other to win. Good Luck. He backed away and said let the match begin.
I am setting her worrying about Keith he looks like he is really tired. Alpha Cash is good. He is very strong and he has anger on his side. I think he is using his anger towards Alpha Drake to win this match. This match has been going on for three hours. They are both tired and blood.
Alpha Cash in red may have just won this match. Alpha Cash has longer legs and a wicked right kick. He just kicked Keith on the left side of his face. No, No, Keith get up. Keith fell to the mat and was not moving. Alpha Cameron ran forward checking Keith. Keith was knocked out. The doctor ran over to check him over and said, he will be fine his jaw is broken and it will heal in about two hours and when he comes two he will have a wicked headache. Alpha Cameron raised Alpha Cash’s arm and declared him the winner. Two warriors helped Alpha Keith to the infirmary for a complete check-up with Tammy following behind. Alpha Cameron stated to the pack members that the Alpha ceremony will be held next Saturday when all three of his brothers arrive so there will be a big party held. He said you are all dismissed.
Alpha Cash went to his room to take a bath and rest before going to see how his cousin was doing. He didn’t mean to break his jaw but it happened. As he was bathing he could not get his mind off what Alpha Drake had done to Sara. How can these men think it is ok to fuck around all the time? He didn’t understand how Alpha Drake had waited for Sara thinking he never had a chance with her and when he did get her for his Luna have sex with the sluts of his pack? Sighing he said, if I get the chance with her she will never have to worry about being cheated on, disrespected, or physically abused. She will be well loved and spoiled. I know that she is angry, hurting and probably afraid that she is not good enough to have a mate.
I was getting dressed when there was a knock on my door. Tammy stood there and said, Alpha Drake, is downstairs. I said ok, I will be there in a minute. I finished dressing before leaving my room and going downstairs. As he started walking down the stairs he heard yelling. He saw his two cousins holding Alpha Drake against the wall screaming at him. I walked in with my uncle and stood there looking at him. I said why are you on my territory? I said you are no longer welcome here. I said Sara’s friends are welcome but you, you are nothing but a man whore and I will no longer respect you. You hurt Sara that won’t do. Hasn’t she been hurt enough? Alpha Drake said, "I know what I did and I am sorry. I need Sara, she is my second chance mate." Alpha Cash grinning leaned forward and said, well you were her second chance mate. In my eyes by having sexual intercourse with the slut you rejected Sara. "I on the other hand still have a chance with her and I will have Sara as my mate, and I will treat her like the queen you should have."
My cousin’s grinning said, do we through him off the territory like the piece of trash he is. I said, yes, get him out of here. I then turned around and looked at Tammy. She said, now I can tell you. She said follow me. We walked into my uncle’s office, well technically it is mine now and she walked over to a map on the wall. She pointed to an area that was about 25 miles from the packhouse. She said this is where you will find Sara. This was the very first packhouse and this is where she has always felt the safest. She is there with my mother and her club members. I will write the directions because you will not find it that easily. "I laughed at her and said, yes, I will. I grew up in the first packhouse." Why didn’t I think of this place last night? Tammy said to take about three days of food with you. Keith will run the pack while you’re gone. See you all on Saturday. "Oh, and Alpha Cash, mark and mate Sara before you come back." I watched her walking away and I grinned to myself." My wolf, Fury said, you bet we are going to mark and mate her. She is our mate and we are going to make sure she is protected from now on and that Alpha Drake or Chris never gets to have her in their arms."
I walked out of the office and to my room and packed some clothes. I then went to the kitchen and gathered three days worth of food and took everything to my car. I told my uncle and cousins where I was going and when I would be back. "They all grinned and said, this is your chance. Mark and mate Sara before coming back here." I got in the car and drove off towards the first packhouse. I knew it was still in perfect condition and thought, maybe we will move the pack members back to it. I sighed and drove to the packhouse knowing Sara may not be happy seeing me.