Win Cash Prizes and a Publishing Contract with GALATEA!
Mystery, suspense, thriller, and horror writers! If you write captivating cliffhangers or things that go bump in the night, our TURN OFF THE LIGHTS contest is perfect for you!
Contest is open now and runs until 11:59 pm PST on February 28th.
TURN OFF THE LIGHTS is the biggest writing contest in Inkitt’s history. Let your imagination run free and thrill the 3 million active readers and writers currently on Inkitt. Need more incentive?
- It’s FREE to enter!
- There are cash prizes!
- You could win a publishing contract with GALATEA!
- You’ll start building a reader base.
- You’re already writing it, so why not enter it?
- Did we mention cash prizes and a publishing contract?
It’s easy! Enter like this:
- Upload your book to your Inkitt profile.
- Visit the contest page: Writing Contest – TURN OFF THE LIGHTS.
- Click Submit Your Novel.
There will be one grand prize winner and two runners up.
1st prize: $20,000
2nd prize: $10,000
3rd prize: $5,000
1st – 10th place will receive a publishing contract for our app, GALATEA!
Judged by our algorithm, the author with the most reader engagement will be chosen as the winner at the end of the contest. So make sure to get plenty of readers, likes, comments and shares on your book, as this increases your chances of winning!
Terms and Conditions:
- Stories must be in English and original works. No plagiarism will be tolerated.
- Stories must be written within the genre of Thriller, Mystery, Suspense, or Horror. While Romance can be involved in the story-line, Romance-only (Werewolf, Billionaire, Mafia, MC, and Contemporary), poetry, non-fiction, and fanfiction will be disqualified at our discretion.
- Winners are chosen based on their reader engagement.
- Authors cannot enter the contest more than once with the same story, but an author may submit as many books as they want.
- The minimum word count per submission is 10,000 words. There is no maximum word limit.
- We collect data on your submission from the day you join.
- You must own the rights to the novel. You retain all rights to your stories while posted on Inkitt.
- Previously or currently self-published books are accepted
- Stories must abide by Inkitt’s community guidelines. No glorification of non-consensual sexual acts. Please check the Terms of Service on our website first.
Happy writing and good luck!