We’re starting something new…
On the first Monday of the month we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to inspire you. Use these prompts to launch a new story and share your work with the Inkitt community.
Here’s how to participate:
- On the first Monday of every month, I’ll post a series of new prompts on this blog. Choose one and start writing!
- Click here to join our Writing Prompts & Ideas’ Discussion Group. Save this link to your browser’s bookmarks so you can find it again easily, and then share your story on the forum.
- Read others. Comment. Let the creative ideas flow!
- Check back on the first Monday of next month and do it again! Practice really does make perfect.
Your prompts for August:
Let’s celebrate summer!
- Tell a tale of a summer vacation gone awry.
- Reinvent your favorite spooky campfire story.
- Use the words sand, swim, and scorching somewhere in your story.
- Write a story or scene set entirely aboard a boat.
- Begin your story with a pie-eating contest at the county fair.
You’ve got a month. Ready. Set. Write on, writers!