It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to motivate you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your prompts for August:
With the scorching sun blazing and menacing storms on the horizon, August can be a volatile month. Use that intensity to fuel your storytelling! Here are some suggestions to help you get started:
- A hurricane is brewing! Begin a scene with your main characters hustling to prepare.
- Jaws frightened a generation of beachgoers, myself included! Create a tale of terror using a sea creature from your own imagination.
- Write a sexy, sweet, end-of-summer romance.
- Use the words sultry, burn, and resounding in a scene.
- On August 1981, IBM introduced the personal computer, changing the landscape of technology forever! Write a speculative story featuring an AI as the main character.
Prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!