It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to motivate you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your writing prompts for December:
Winter is here! It’s the perfect time to curl up with a cup of hot cocoa and your laptop and start a new project!
- Are you secretly addicted to Hallmark Holiday Specials? If so, here’s your chance to write your own sweet romance. How about a soldier who is home on leave running into his childhood crush?
- Or maybe you want to try your hand at fantasy? A winter setting always sparks my imagination. Set your story on an icy world.
- And of course, there’s Krampus! How about a modern take on this beastly character?
- Start your tale at an outdoor skating rink or frozen pond.
- If you prefer more flexibility with your prompts, use the words icicle, cobalt, and frigid somewhere in the opening page.
Writing prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!