It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to inspire you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your prompts for January:
The new year is a perfect time to start a new writing project. Commit to writing something every day, and soon you’ll have a manuscript! If you need a kickstart, a good writing prompt may be just the thing. Here are some suggestions:
- Begin your story at a New Year’s Eve party.
- Use the words frigid, frost, and fireplace in a scene.
- Set your story in a winter hunting lodge.
- Give a favorite fairy tale a macabre twist.
- Write a main character who wakes up to find a full year has passed.
Prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!