It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to motivate you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your writing prompts for January:
2020 is here! Dive right into the new decade by kickstarting your writing project.
- While the holidays are over, winter is in full swing. How about a cozy romance that begins during a blizzard?
- In the far north, night reigns. Set your story in a place where the sun doesn’t rise.
- Start your story with a character making a strange New Year’s resolution.
- On this day in 1777, George Washington set up his winter camp in New Jersey. The American Revolution would continue for many devastating years to come. If you’re interested in historical fiction, use this setting as a backdrop.
- If you prefer more flexibility with your prompts, use the words crystalized, azure, and shadow in the opening paragraph.
Writing prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!