It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to inspire you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your prompts for June:
Summer is almost here! Does your productivity slow down during the long, hot days of summer? Has your mind already left for vacation? Keep your creativity flowing by trying something different, something out of your comfort zone or usual genre.
- Write a short, steamy summer romance set in a beach community.
- Try your hand at poetry. Create a series of poems featuring the following: sunset, high tide, and the full moon.
- Feature the Summer Solstice in your story.
- Use the words tide, gritty, and abandoned in a scene.
- Start your story during a thunderstorm.
Prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!