It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to motivate you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
There’s a lot going on in the world right now. Maybe your writing is a way to process the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. Maybe it’s an escape. Whatever the reason, you have stories to tell…
- On June 1, 1926, Norma Jean Baker, later known as Marilyn Monroe, was born. How about a Hollywood mystery set in the roaring 20’s featuring a country girl-turned starlet who’s more than what she seems?
- Summer officially begins in the northern hemisphere on June 20th. Many cultures marked the solstice as a sacred day. Begin your story in the middle of one such celebration.
- Use the words time, fade, and remember in your opening scene.
- Write a short, steamy romantic comedy set in a beach community, featuring two people who accidentally rent the same beach house for the week.
- Start your tale with two college students embarking on a cross-country road trip for the summer.
Writing prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!