It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to inspire you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your prompts for March:
In like a lion, out like a lamb. March is a volatile month. As I get this post ready, there’s about a foot of new snow on the ground. Tomorrow, I’ll probably be able to open the windows. As spring attempts to arrive in fits and starts, at the very least, the days are getting longer! We can use the extra daylight hours, and these prompts, to jump start a new project.
- Use the phrase “beware the ides of march” somewhere in your story.
- Use the words volatile, gale, and gray in a scene.
- Set your story during the vernal equinox.
- Start a scene where a character is killed by an assassin.
- Write a story featuring students on spring break.
Prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!