It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to inspire you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your prompts for May:
May Day and Memorial Day. Daffodils and dandelions. Spring has sprung. May the warm weather and longer days inspire you to create!
- Give a May Day celebration a dark twist.
- Use the words torrential, pollinate, and saffron in a scene.
- Start your story at a parade.
- Feature a May pole in a scene.
- Try your hand at poetry. Create a series of poems featuring the following: peony, iris, lilac, lavender, and tulip.
Prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!