It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to motivate you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your prompts for September:
Back to school, apple pies, and football games. September marks the beginning of the autumn season, even if technically there are a few more weeks of summer. I don’t know about you, but some of my most productive writing happens in the fall. Kick start your September writing project using one of these prompts.
- Someone disappears from campus the first week of school. Start your story with a missing person’s report.
- Set a scene in an apple orchard.
- In September 1620, the Mayflower departed from England on a journey to the “new world.” Consider an alternative history story where the Mayflower ends up somewhere far off course.
- Use the words tart, cerulean, and fragrant in a scene.
- Write about the strangest homework assignment you ever received.
Prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!