It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to motivate you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your prompts for August:
August is a sultry month – the blazing sun, the sweltering heat, even the turbulent storms. Let’s use the mood of August to inspire our writing.
- Start your steamy romance with a beach rescue.
- Set your psychological thriller or mystery in an abandoned cabin during a hurricane.
- Use the words shimmer, scorching, and tempest in a scene.
- In August of 1958, the first nuclear submarine, the USS Nautilus, passed under the north pole. Pen a speculative fiction tale where the crew discovers something hidden in the watery depths.
- Create a story of friendship and family based on a group of people who summered together on the coast during the month of August every year.
Writing prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!