It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to motivate you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your writing prompts for March:
In like a lion, out like a lamb. Beware the Ides of March. The vernal equinox. March is a mercurial month, balmy one moment, ferocious the next. Let’s use the unpredictable nature of this month to inspire our writing.
- Start your story with the assassination of a real or imaginary public figure.
- The vernal equinox ushers in Spring, but in the ancient world it was viewed as a time of struggle between light and darkness. Use this idea to inspire your fantasy story.
- Use the words blade, wind, and howl in scene.
- Create a sweet, sexy romance about a character who works in a flower shop.
- On March 5, 1770, the Boston Massacre occurred – a seminal event on the road to the American revolution. If you’re interested in writing a historical fiction novel, why not start on this infamous day?
Writing prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!