It’s that time…
We all need a little inspiration sometimes, so on the first Monday of every month, we’ll post a series of writing prompts intended to inspire you. Use these prompts to write a scene, short story, or maybe even the start of a new novel.
Your prompts for July:
Long, lazy beach days. Fireworks and parades. Ice cream cones and watermelon. Let the sultry, summer days help inspire your creativity.
- Start your story at a 4th of July parade.
- Your main character makes a discovery while hiking in the mountains.
- Feature fireworks in your fabulous fable.
- Use the words sweltering, threadbare, and cabin in a scene.
- Reinvent a ghost story you’ve heard around the campfire.
Prompts can help kick-start our creative process, so… Ready. Set. Write on, writers!