Inkitt Author Subscriptions is a service that allows authors to publish and charge subscription access to their written work. It allows readers to support their favorite authors and enable them to create more of the content they love.
The following are the terms that govern the use of this service.
These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms are governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. Berlin shall be the exclusive place of jurisdiction, and accordingly, any dispute, legal action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms must be brought in a court in Berlin. By accepting these Terms, you agree to waive all objections to any proceedings in such courts, whether on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that they have been brought in an inconvenient forum.
Subscription renewal schedule
- As a subscriber, you are signing up for a recurring monthly charge, billed automatically on the same day of each month. (so if you signed up Jan 17, you will be renewed Feb 17, March 17, etc)
- Each subscription is for an independent individual author. If you subscribe to multiple authors, each is billed and renewed separately
- You can cancel your subscription at any time from the author page of the author you wish to unsubscribe from
- If you cancel your subscription, it will end automatically on the next renewal date. Until that date you will continue to have subscriber access to that author.
- Inkitt provides a platform for authors to post content and for subscribers to pay authors to support their work. Inkitt bears no responsibility for author output.
- If you feel your subscription was in error, please contact [email protected] before the end of the month. Past month’s subscriptions can not be refunded.
- Sales tax may be included automatically, where applicable, by our payment provider, but you are responsible for ensuring you have paid the proper sales tax within your country and/or state
Membership into the program
- Membership into the Author Subscriptions program is by invite only. If you believe you can sustain a community of subscribers, reach out to suppor[email protected] with your inkitt ID and we will review your profile
Price point and message
- You must choose your subscription price point. Consider a lower price point may be more impacted by credit card processing fees (see below)
- Currently you are limited to a single price point for all subscribers
- You will also need to provide the messaging that appears inside the purchase interface, describing what subscribers will get for their money.
- You are the solely responsible party for fulfilling this commitment to your subscribers
- Payments are sent every two months
- A minimum of €5 must be present in your account to trigger a payment
- If you already have an account with Inkitt, such as the Affiliates program, your Subscription earnings will be combined with your existing account.
Credit Card fees and exchange rates
- You are responsible to pay the relevant taxes within your country
- Where required, Inkitt reports earnings to your local government