- Novels in the top 10%, according to the algorithm, will be moved on to the Final Round
- We're accepting finished crime novels with a minimum of 40,000 words
- You have to own all the rights in order to participate. Only original novels are accepted
- Previously self-published books are accepted as well
- Multiple entries are allowed
- We accept submissions from all over the world, but only in the English language
- There are no submission fees, anyone is free to participate, no purchase necessary
- Before submitting a story, be sure to check our guidelines page to ensure that you comply with all of our publication rules
- The winners will be announced on Inkitt.com, on social media, and by email to all participants
Prizes for Winners
The top performing novels in the genre contest will be shifted into the Final Round for the chance to face off against other genres winners for the 1000 USD grand prize
By entering the contest, authors will retain all rights to their submitted works.
Social Media Consulting
Travis Luedke is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of science fiction, paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Travis is happy to answer any questions you have throughout The Crime Novelist about expanding your readership and finding readers that love your novel.