- The summary was vague. At first glance, I didn't know if I was the target audience. Was this something I would pick out and read?
Read the story now
- The opening had impact. I just thought... Who is this narcissistic guy? I think maybe there should have been more emphasis on descriptions of his looks to show how obsessed he is while also giving the reader an idea of what he looks like.
- I was surprised that Houndal agreed to this stranger's request. He doesn't know who this is. It seems more realistic for Houndal to disagree. "Why?" or "I'm busy." And then the man says, "Hear me out." A stranger just gave him a bag of responsibility.
- The barmaid's reaction was equally puzzling. I thought she would call him crazy. Instead, she goes with it like it's normal. For a moment, I thought she may have heard rumors about the mysterious man, but she was just as clueless.
- Houndal saw her transform so it was strange for him to question the animal's identity.
- And suddenly he's okay with her running off into the woods.